Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wattpad, the YouTube for BOOKS!!

Much to boyfriend's annoyance, I am addicted to Wattpad. When I read, I'll be in my own little world. I'll ignore everyone and focus on my head on the stories. I turned deaf and oblivious to my surrounding.

Don't "ahh~ typical bookworm" me. ^O^

I love reading books and novels it has been trillion years since I bought my last book. I didn't buy new books because I don't have space to keep them. 

Though I love reading Wattpad, there are only some teenage romance in it. There are some non-teen romance, but they will be some PG-13 or R-rated scene going on. Well, this might not be a huge problem for me but I found it annoyed when the update is rather slow or the book is quite short. 

I have been reading a lot werewolf stories in Wattpad. It is funny that in the 90s and ealy 2000, werewolves were describe as some kind of feral canines that lives alone. One bites will transfer the were-virus to regular humans will turned him/er into a werewolf as well. Infected humans will turned to werewolves on full moon. That is the typical werewolf back then. But this generation of werewolves are Taylor Lautner? The boy is hot, there is no denying it. But since Twilight phenomenon, werewolves become some over-protective-territorial-possesive-lovesick puppies that lives in a pack in a large-mansion-like pack house. I do not opposed the idea but, how can the views of what werewolves suppose to be would change such drastic in such little amount of time just because of Twilight? It's amazing! 

It also affected vampire. I remember movies like the Blade series, Van Helsing, Dracula, Underworld series and many others more. Those eerie/kick-a$$ vampire image turn to Edward Callum. Okay... I know Selene from the Underworld series is also a love sick Bat, but she at least not some sappy vampy and she always face her problem instead of running off with some stupid reason like Edward did. Edward turned in 1918 when he is 17 years old and apparently, his mind works at the same level of his appearance age, just calmer, classic and traditional.

I am not hating on Twilight, I may sound like some hypocritical b*tch, I actually love Meyer's vampires and werewolves concept. She kind of make this two mythical creatures to become at peace for the sake of their love one which is Bella Swan. Though I haven't read the book, I did enjoy the movie. The visual effect, the beautiful scenery and the wonderful cast, except for Kristen Stewart as I still can't understand how she got the part, but still, awkwardly great at it.

Other than werewolf and vampire stories, I have also read some romance and comedy on Wattpad.

I have only read a lot in Wattpad but on read one extremely amazing book on Wattpad so far - Paying for His Mistakes by Dadelik! It is a werewolf story but certainly not a typical rejected-alpha-mate-bullied-by-the-whole-pack-story. The ending was something I never had expected. There are heartbreak, love, regrets and happy times but with twists here and there.

I am still reading but haven't have the same effect I had on "Paying for His Mistakes" and I have only read the English language. There are some Bahasa Melayu writer as well but I am not really interested. Mainly because.... the not exciting and kinda childish title they put for their book? I know I shouldn't have judge the story by its title but I just can't help it. I think everyone would also think like: If the title sounds childish, the content would be childish as well. Aren't they?

I have to make a not of caution on people who are never heard of Wattpad and decides to go there for some light reading, there will be some highly erotic genre. A part from that, for those who are homophobic or not so keen/comfortable with LGTB, look at tags or on the title with BoyXboy/GirlXgirl. Not to forget some BDSM going on in some stories - Since the publication of the last book of the Fifty Shades of Grey series, BDSM genre have increased in Wattpad more than ever. Beware, beware~

Did you know?
You  use 14 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
So keep your smile on your beautiful face!! 
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment