Friday, October 26, 2012

DIET 101 - PART I : Why I DIET?

Note: I have divided this topic into several chapters and will be posted out every Friday!!

PART I : Why I DIET?
DIET.

It is such a taboo word to say to an overweight person. It makes overweight people felt insecure, humiliated, heartache, depress, .... ah~ the list can go on and on. When someone (not doctor) asked me to go on a DIET, I will sarcastically answer: "Oh! I don't want to DIE-YET!"

When I went to the doctor for my problematic acne-prone face, I constantly advised to keep a balance DIET and loose weight. I was confuse as what DIET and weight have to do with my acne? Turns out, they were all connected.

But can DIET actually helps one to loose weight without exercise?
- YES! OF COURSE!!! Well not what I'll recommend anyone doing though.

------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY, encouraging people to not exercise, use the method I recommend here or follow what I do to loose weight. I am only sharing my experience & some tips how I loose my weight. These tips & tricks of dieting is what I am comfortable with and happens to suit me and my lifestyle. However, be reminded that what is good for me might not be for you and like wise. Please refer to your doctor, nutritionist and any health experts to discuss what kind of DIET will suit you and your lifestyle. Readers discretion is advised.
------------------------------

When I asked doctors:
- What should and should not eat so I have a balance DIET?

They will show me the food pyramid like this one HERE. But I am still confuse. I learnt of this Food Pyramid for a balance meal in school and I kind of understand it. But when I want to use it for dieting, I lost myself.

One of the doctor that I have met told me to use Google. Though I am quite annoyed that she told me to Google instead of explaining what I want, I am thankful to her. If it was not Dr Jainah (her clinic is in Centre Point, KK), I would never have this determination to loose my excessive weight.

When I met her, I was 90++kg, 5'3". According to my BMI, I am in the Obese category. Not overweight dude. Overweight is like chubby-cheese while Obese is like FATTY bum-bum FAT!

Dr Jainah explained me what are the risks for an Obese person would face, in term of health lah.

So..... can I loose my weight from 90++kg? Nope. I never thought I could. However, there was a nineties song "jika kau pikirkan kau boleh, kau hampir boleh melakukan. Jika kau pikirkan kemenangan kau hampiri kejayaan." So yeah. I believe I can ^_^

This is a loooong loooooong looooooonnnggg topic I can talk about. If you would like to know more how I DIET, wait for my next post then! Hugs and kisses!!

Did you know?
Obesity is one of the cause of death, WORLDWIDE?
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment