Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The J's Wedding: Jessica & Jell

The Waris-Edwin-Balandong Family or WEB for short, have been holding a tradition. Every time one of us is getting married, for sure, every one will get involve to make the event happen. We got hui* beer, we got helping hands in the kitchen department, tangkap/sembelih/potong karabau department, event decoration department, petals throwing department, bar keepers department, etc. I have been involve in every cousins and aunts & an uncles wedding. But this self-pampered girl, JV Ong, had never been such eager and helped with my all force as I have ever have done for my favorite cuzzy, Jessica. 

I have never help to make a wedding this much that can effect me to want to have a marriage reception myself. Oh no... It's not that I change my view of marriage as a whole, I just want the reception only. Hah! What a laugh! 

Anyway, I believe my name was not really on the list in the planning process. Since the bride is not only a favorite cuzzy, well all of my cuzzies are my fav anyway, she is also a best friend and a great confidante (what an exquisite position, I must say.), I would never say no when she approached me and personally ask for my help. Hello!? Like I can say no to her. She asked me to help her in decoration for the wedding arch and backdrop, cakes and champagne as well as some small details for flower arrangement. 

Of course I do not do it alone. I was not even the leader of the department, just a helper to give opinion s and ideas to the decor leader as I have almost the same taste with the bride when it comes to decors. Since I am not good in the kitchen department, and I swear that I don't have the fine talent like my mom have other than savoring meal, I can contribute my part in other process. 

I was glad how the reception went so great despite all the cancellation and replacement for this and that. Things went smoothly beyond any expectation. As a family member, I am proud for the effort my family had done. Stress? Yes! But it is all worth it.
The backdrop on the stage with the help of the ever talented and creativity of our Datin.
We even joked about wanting to make our very own wedding decor company.
Hah! Who knows! One of our members might willl!
The banner on the backdrop! Thanks to cuzzy Rayner for that!
 
The beautiful decor for the table for wedding cakes!
Well done Datin~
Sample made on the eve f the reception.
On the day of the reception. The band was doing sound checking.
Everything went good~
Ayu on the stage to sing. Mother of 3 with that body, don't you get jealous?
The groom sings before giving a speech of thanks.
Poco2 dance is still very popular in Paparians wedding.
Paparian AND Pitas peeps dance Bandau's sumazau dance.
The super adorable flower girl - my niece, fyi.
Jessica didn't use this but I love it so much, I HAVE TO TAKE PICTURE OF IT!

If anyone who have family or friends that got married to or is actually a Paparian, make sure to check out the Masak Kava or Masak Kawah. It is a traditional dish, sup Kerbau tu jo, before it ran out! Jessica & Jell's Masak Kava is THE BEST! Like the Lobo said, OPOTOH! Oh! yg ada gaut tu jaga2. I am on diet as well, so it is sad that I have to make sure that I held in the temptation to sauk more.

Next agenda? 4 November in Bandau for Jessica & Jell's Babad. (Babad is a Kadazan word to describe the wedding reception for the grooms family.) The bride asked me to assist her there and I am delighted to say yes. I can say a easy NO to anyone but her. Why not? Mata dia basar, bikin takut. wakakakakaka! 

Can't wait for Bandau! 

Did you know?
In early American weddings Victorian brides 
wear gloves with their wedding gowns 
because they symbols of modesty and romance. 
Take the 'g' away and you have a 'pair of loves'.
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment