Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rebate On Offered 3G Smartphones

The rebate of RM200 provided by SKMM or MCMC (Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia - Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission) for Malaysian youth has taken criticism as well as optimism by the general public since December last year.

I was one of the few people who had been waiting for it with optimism because I just cannot understand why people are fussing on the matter. Well, I was dumb. I didn't know why people was criticizing the Government about "only selected 3G phones are to be used with the rebate". It was only the new announcement regarding changing from "only selected 3G phones" to "all 3G phones" then I got upset and de-upset. 

Jayvie was not born stupid, just a bit of outdated with news. Silly Jayvie... 

Long story short lah kan, I HAVE GOT MY IPHONE 5! Weeeeeeee~~

It is all thanks to Maxis Malaysia that provide wider selection of 3G phones for the rebate compare to other telecommunication companies as well as the Malaysian government. If possible, I really do hope that the Malaysian government to give higher rate for the rebate like RM500 lah at least instead of RM200 is not that much of a difference. But still nice la as I got extra RM200 to buy my new IP5 some accessories. I know I am being like "Sudah diberi betis, nak paha pulak", but hey! Everybody likes discount and rebate kan? It doesn't matter if it is reasonable or not, as long as can save money, people are down to it!

The funny thing is, when I went to Maxis centre at I-dont-want-to-mention-haha, I was:- 
-with Lobo, 
-wearing my simple-but-quite-cincai-looking work clothes while Lobo with his stinky and sweaty work clothes,
-a huge cheap looking bag and slightly off colored Ipanema rubber slipper - salipar jipun,
-no makeup so I think I look fugly as hell at the time,
-Lobo hair was not gelled and wearing his dried muddy work shoes,
-for short, we look extremely off of the environment.

Nobody seems to aware of us and nobody even care to entertain us. Honestly, who will care to entertain selekeh-looking people like us? 
But I know I would, just because I work in retail industry before and experienced that customer who look the least presentable, not smelly and dirty looking beggar, are the people who have more cash the one who look presentable. Enough with my self-knowing righteous theory....

When Lobo approach this one guy to ask about the PKB (Pakej Komunikasi Belia - Youth Comunication Package), he looked and sounds un-interested and kind of talking according to script, saying they only have have IP5 currently and some bits and pieces that not worth mentioning here. As Lobo have small talks to me regarding the phone, the man suddenly vanished out of thin air. We thought that he went to the toilet or whatever he is doing behind the opened door beyond the counter. But he never came back. We got fed up and approach another un-interested looking saleslady and not surprisingly, she repeats the same thing the first salesman said. I have to say and mention it again and again that I want that (fricking) IP5 to her, then she calls her colleague.

The un-interested looking saleslady's colleague, turns out to be a relative of mine (didn't know it till he mentioned which side is he related to me with). As he taken the IP5, then the first salesman came out looking dejected. Why? Hmm.. geeee... I don't know. Probably he missed out an opportunity to get a commission? 

Therefore, dear juniors who are currently working in the service and retail industries, every person who steps into the business' door is a customer. BUT, you will never know who will be the one who will spend their money to contribute some of their cash on your pay-checks at the end of the month.  Ho Ho Hoooo~

To get your RM200 rebate, your must make sure that you are eligible according to these requirements:- i. Malaysian citizens aged between 21-30 years at the time of application;
ii. Monthly income is RM3, 000 and below;
iii. 3G smart phone models on offer;
iv. For new and existing subscription broadband package, and
v. A phone is only for one youth;

Then, go to https://komunikasibelia.skmm.gov.my/ and select the two options whether you are a student or an employed youth.

OR, you can click here https://komunikasibelia.skmm.gov.my/Public/DaftarPekerja for employed youth and here https://komunikasibelia.skmm.gov.my/Public/DaftarPelajar if you are a student.

BE REMINDED that you have to print the application slip that will come out after you have done registering. Or screen shot for later printing.

Then you can go to any telecommunication providers' center to buy your dream phone with the rebate.
You have options to choose whether you want to get the phone with prepaid or postpaid plan. I have chosen prepaid plan because it is contract-free and hassle-free.

I recommend you to get Maxis or Umobile because both have more selection of 3G phones with prepaid plain compared to the others that only provided one or two. However, this is just personal preference lah. If you would like to get the phones with postpaid plan would be nice as well.

IP5 is certainly a nice phone to touch. But I am still unable to figure how to use it yet. I need some IPhone or IP5 tips here.....

P/s: currently preparing my posts on gadget reviews.
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment