Friday, February 1, 2013

DIET 101 - PART V : Hi-Protien, Lo-Carb



Note: I have divided this topic into several chapters and will be posted out every Friday!!


------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY, encouraging people to not exercise, use the method I recommend here or follow what I do to loose weight. I am only sharing my experience & some tips how I loose my weight. These tips & tricks of dieting is what I am comfortable with and happens to suit me and my lifestyle. However, be reminded that what is good for me might not be for you and like wise. Please refer to your doctor, nutritionist and any health experts to discuss what kind of DIET will suit you and your lifestyle. I am not a doctor or a medical expert. Health risk that obese people could face may or may not be revealed in posts regarding with this subject. I may or may not be wrong in my explanation, so I suggest everyone who read this to refer to your doctor or any nearest medical expert to verify this. Readers discretion is highly advised.
------------------------------


There a lot of diet types that may or may not help you. Therefore, nutritionist will always repeat the phrase "choose the diet that suits your lifestyle". I know most of you understand what that mean but unable to understand how to choose. It is always advisable to understand before making your decision regarding diet. I will be delighted to bring you through the journey of understanding each diet that have been glamorized by the media.

2. Lo-Carb Diet or Hi-Protein Diet

Though this is a good diet. However, is not a long-term diet. This is one of those popularized diet that considered as a crash course diet. This dieting method limits your carbohydrates consumption like starchy vegetables, grains, fruits, milk, nut and seeds.

This diet is said to help to prevent some health risk such as heart diseases, cancers, diabetes and etc.

Carb is the main energy source of the body and by avoiding carb, the body will use protein as its main energy source. Also, the low-carb theory is that if you decrease carb consumption, you reduce or lower the the body's insulin level. Insulin is use to turn simple sugar or glucose into fat for later usage. So by reducing insulin level, stored fat in the body will be forced to use.This will help to lose fat which cause weight loss.

However, this type of diet might not suitable for people with diabetes as this diet will cause sugar level in the blood increase because lack of insulin. because it will caused high sugar level in the blood stream and fatal to the patients. It is advised to see the doctor for medical check up before practicing the diet.

It is not easy to combine vegetarianism with lo-carb diets because most grains, beans, sweets, pasta, starchy veggies and some nuts and seeds  contains carbs.

A low-carb diet generally excludes or limits most grains, beans, fruits, breads, sweets, pastas and starchy vegetables, and sometimes nuts and seeds. Some low-carb diet plans allow certain fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment