Friday, January 11, 2013

DIET 101 - PART II : The Risks "Chapter 2.9"?


Note: I have divided this topic into several chapters and will be posted out every Friday!!


------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY, encouraging people to not exercise, use the method I recommend here or follow what I do to loose weight. I am only sharing my experience & some tips how I loose my weight. These tips & tricks of dieting is what I am comfortable with and happens to suit me and my lifestyle. However, be reminded that what is good for me might not be for you and like wise. Please refer to your doctor, nutritionist and any health experts to discuss what kind of DIET will suit you and your lifestyle. I am not a doctor or a medical expert. Health risk that obese people could face may or may not be revealed in posts regarding with this subject. I may or may not be wrong in my explanation, so I suggest everyone who read this to refer to your doctor or any nearest medical expert to verify this. Readers discretion is highly advised.
------------------------------




I had asthma in my childhood years. And as I grew, it seems that I had grew out of it. WRROOOONNG! Patient can never grew out of asthma. It just "sleep" itself away waiting for some kind of trigger so it can have a grand come back. One that I need not!


Pulmonology
(dealing with the respitory system - sistem pernafasan)
-        Sleep apnea is a condition where some people had; when they sleep, they may stop breathing for a short period. It can last for 10 seconds or more. Obstructive sleep apnea, OSA, is the most common category of sleep-disordered breathing.
(Apnea tidur adalah gangguan tidur dimana sesorang itu mengalami kesulitan bernafas ketika tidur. Pesakit akan berhenti bernafas seketika, dalam masa 10 saat atau lebih. Apnea tidur obstruktif adalah salah satu kategori gangguan kesulitan bernafas ketika tidur yg paling biasa berlaku.)
-        Obesity hypoventilation syndrome or Pickwickian syndrome, is a condition when overlyweight people fail to breathe rapidly enough or deeply enough (short breath?). Many whom have this condition will face OSA as well. The disease will put strains on the heart which eventually will lead symptoms of heart failure. Most effective treatment is weight loss.
(Juga dikenali sebagai Sindrom Picwickian adalah satu kondisi dimana seseorg yg mengalami masalah kegemukkan melampau tidak mampu bernafas secara konsisten atau masalah pendek nafas. Pesakit yg mengalami masalah ini juga akan mengalami masalah OSA. Penyakit ini akan memberi/meletakkan tekanan terhadap jantung si pesakit dan kemudiannya akan membawa tanda2/simptom penyakit jantung. Rawatan terbaik untuk masalah ini adalah mengurangkan berat badan.)
-        Most people may already know what Asthma is. It is a condition where one have trouble breathing when the lungs and throat are constantly irritated, puffy and swollen.
(Asma atau ampus, kesukaran bernafas yg diakibatkan paru2 dan kerongkong kembang/bengkak.)
-        Increased complications during general anaesthesia. Probably breathing problem during unconcious under general anaesthesia.
(mengalami masalah penafasan semasa diberi suntikan bius terutamanya bius tidur.)

I did have breathing problem when I was 90-95kg especially when I want to go to bed. May be my asthma is trying to make its grand come back or may be it was just my weight. But I am finally glad that problem have gone now. WINK!

Did you know?
In German, there is actually a word to describe a face that badly needs a fist!
Try test kinam Google backpfeifengesicht
-JV

No comments:

Post a Comment