Saturday, September 22, 2012

At home waxing

I have an at-home-waxing session last week. Not the brazillian wax one, gila! Sakit bah tu. Just some user friendly waxing strip!

I waxed area like my arms, leg and face. Usually I used waxing strip from Veet. But this time I used two different brand because there was a Raya discount on both the brand when I bought them.

Boyfriend was horrified when I told him I was waxing when he called. He seemed to be extremely confused as to why anyone want to torture oneself for the sake of beauty. Oh boys, what do they know?

Well I am not like a hairy monkey type. Just some sparse hair and they are quite fine. My skin is medium warm tone so the hair is not very visible as well. Makeups like foundation/BB cream is not going to stick properly onto the skin if there are facial hair on the face, even some extremely super fine ones. Makeup base/primer only help a little. Some women would have fine mustache but visible and that do not look flattering. AND applying moisturizer and lotion is going to be easier if the surface of the skin is smooth!

However, the negative things about waxing is the pain, the redness or red bump, after-waxing-dryness on the waxed area and in-grown hair. So extra moisturizing, cold shower to relief pain and redness and scrubs to reduce in-grown hair are important aftercare.

I started using waxing strips after college. I used those Veet hair removal cream/mousse and razors before that but every one would know how fast the hair would grow back.

The waxing strip is not that much help on the underarm and it was freaking hurt! My eyes were tearing up. I felt stupid doing it. And for that, I'll prefer a good old-fashioned plucking using tweezers or razors.

I got the hairy side from dad. I know because mom is hair free on her legs, arms and face. Why oh why I didn't get her side of the gene.

And after few hours of my waxing session, I got red bumps. Not the one they call chicken bumps and its not possibly in-grown hair either. My skin started to get itchy. It's odd you know cause I used strips that made specifically for sensitive skin. My skin also currently very dry probably caused by the moisture stripped off of my skin from the waxing. My face have flaky patches which happened quite a lot lately. Even before I do the waxing. It is possible that combination skin is turning to dry.

With waxing, hair growth is slower and the hair that will grow is finer and less pigmented.

But with that been said, I'll never going to let those strip any near my face ever again, that is 100% for sure~

Trichotillomannia is a type of disorder where 
the person has a habit of pulling his/er hair. 
It was caused by anxiety, frustration, and depression. 
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment