Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Malaysian Day, Jesselton!

Woah! It was raining heavily this morning. It scared me half to death! Thank God that I went jogging at Bukit Padang earlier this morning. I don't go to exercise a lot, but I do enjoy jogging! Just don't have much time to do it.

AND it was Malaysian Day yesterday. I didn't go out to celebrate the day. Not that I am lacking on patriotism, but I just can't bear myself get stuck in KK trafic. So I stayed at home all day configuring and improving my newly made blog. It was so much fun! I think?

So people kept fussing on the Independence year date issue. I understand completely why Sabahan and Sarawakian are fussing about the date. It's about the 20 perkara thing and how the Kerajaan Persekutuan mistreating the E. M'sian which clearly can be seen through the years of the independence. However for me, it is just another date. I don't even care of my birthday any more. But what I felt certainly is not shared by the many Sabahans here.

Friends had said that I am not patriotic enough, I am the government supporter, I am lack of knowledge and refuse to learn of our historical fact, et cetera. I do lack of knowledge and I do hate learning history. Man, I constantly fail my Sejarah back in school!! But that doesn't mean I don't know about the 20 perkara, our Sabahan histories and the formation of the Malaysia. I may not know the exact details but so are the many people who claimed that they know better than the next person.

What I don't like seeing is the people who are complaining a lot more is actually not the eligible voters or they are eligible voters but never gone to vote at all. They complain like there is no tomorrow. Accused the government NATO but actually NATO themselves because by the time its general election day, s/he said: "ah, banyak lagi orang pergi vote tu. Memang kalah lah XX ni kali." or "ah, undi ka tidak, XX juga yang menang tu. Tau lah ada undi hantu."  - How do you know when you didn't play your part at all? I personally know people who have these kind of mindsets actually.

It is also very funny when these people who talk trash about the government spending too much money to unnecessary spending but s/he is one of the people who gone to get the bantuan BR1M. But I'm not judging saying it is wrong, anyone deserve to take the bantuan. It's just me being silly, thinking its funny for no reason.

Lets not to forget those who use dirty political agendas and posted them to the internet just to crush down the other party. Lets not point fingers because we know each side had done it.

I totally get it why the year is such an issue though. If someone suddenly reduce my age, errrr... no that sounds very good actually. Well if someone minus 10 years on my birth year, which makas me 10 years older, I'll be kind of annoyed by that. Sabahans had felt abandoned and felt like we are the second class citizen by the people across the sea for so many years. Then, adds to the alleged timber exploitation, alleged corruptions, 5% oil things going on, immigrant issues and many other things. All this anger and disappointment just escalates. I have this theory, I'm no expert but this is just bual kosong and a view of a childish new generation of Sabah, people think that if they can convince the government at the Persekutuan to revert or change the dates or corrects the Independence date of Malaysia, we can convince many other things.

How I wish and pray for the better of our country. I don't care of the date, the year or the month. All I care is living in peace and there are many other issues that we could ask and convince the government to help us with. There are many other important issues that should be stressed on. I don't need to go on details because I'm sure my Sabahan brothers and sisters would understand what those issues are.

Make LOVE not wars. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment