Friday, February 15, 2013

DIET 101 - PART V : Apple Diet and Liquid Diet


Note: I have divided this topic into several chapters and will be posted out every Friday!!


------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY, encouraging people to not exercise, use the method I recommend here or follow what I do to loose weight. I am only sharing my experience & some tips how I loose my weight. These tips & tricks of dieting is what I am comfortable with and happens to suit me and my lifestyle. However, be reminded that what is good for me might not be for you and like wise. Please refer to your doctor, nutritionist and any health experts to discuss what kind of DIET will suit you and your lifestyle. I am not a doctor or a medical expert. Health risk that obese people could face may or may not be revealed in posts regarding with this subject. I may or may not be wrong in my explanation, so I suggest everyone who read this to refer to your doctor or any nearest medical expert to verify this. Readers discretion is highly advised.
------------------------------


There a lot of diet types that may or may not help you. Therefore, nutritionist will always repeat the phrase "choose the diet that suits your lifestyle". I know most of you understand what that mean but unable to understand how to choose. It is always advisable to understand before making your decision regarding diet. I will be delighted to bring you through the journey of understanding each diet that have been glamorized by the media.

5. Apple Diet

This is one of the most simple and healthy diet method one can use. Not necessarily for us in Malaysia, but trust my wallet, it is worth the investment comparing to the medical fee you'll be getting in the future. Consumer can use full red, full green or half red apples in this diet.

The only rule of this diet plan is to eat an apple before each meal. Apple contains fiber which will be enough to make you quarter-full before your meal while it sweetness satisfy your cravings. Therefore, you will eat lot less on your meal after having an apple.

This diet also helps to have better bowel movement. I have read a review about this diet on some forums on the internet, people have lost 3 to 5 kilograms within two weeks.

Some people needs 2 apples in order to feel half or quarter-full before their meal. However, it is not recommended to make juice unless you use a blender and did not adding any additional additive like sugar.

Can be used as a permanent daily diet.

6. Liquid Diet

This is supposedly a diet for patient who have gastrointestinal illness, before or after certain types of surgery involving the mouth or gastrointestinal tract.

There a two kind of method in this diet. Clear liquid diet and full liquid diet. Both diet do not have solid food in its menu. click WIKIPEDIA to read full description for both method.

This diet can be used as permanent or temporary diet. However, consumer must be very knowledgeable to measure the daily nutrition to practice this diet because it is harder to resist the temptation of drinking than eating. What I meant was, with solid food, consumer will feel fuller rather than liquid food. When consumer "drink" their food, they do not feel satisfy. Also, you don't want to put too much additional additive as well.

Consumer needs high discipline if one would like to try this diet. And I don't think there would be many people would stand getting liquid food for the rest of their live, right? Vampire are not people, btw.

- JV 

No comments:

Post a Comment