Friday, November 9, 2012

DIET 101 - PART II : The Risks "Chapter 2.2"?


Note: I have divided this topic into several chapters and will be posted out every Friday!!


------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY, encouraging people to not exercise, use the method I recommend here or follow what I do to loose weight. I am only sharing my experience & some tips how I loose my weight. These tips & tricks of dieting is what I am comfortable with and happens to suit me and my lifestyle. However, be reminded that what is good for me might not be for you and like wise. Please refer to your doctor, nutritionist and any health experts to discuss what kind of DIET will suit you and your lifestyle. I am not a doctor or a medical expert. Health risk that obese people could face may or may not be revealed in posts regarding with this subject. I may or may not be wrong in my explanation, so I suggest everyone who read this to refer to your doctor or any nearest medical expert to verify this. Readers discretion is highly advised.
------------------------------



When I was obese, I got some serious hormonal problem. Well, heh! I don't really know if it was serious. But I felt like it was serious. Of course I felt it was serious when it comes to my appearance. My face was covered with pimples, acne, blackheads, whiteheads, cystic acne,..... You name it, I got it all on my face! 

I do have acne problems right now, but not as much as when I was obese. My face finally calms down and serious problem rose before till when I was on my periods and that one week when the uterus is readying itself for ovulation. 

I was warned by Dr Jainah that I got my acne problem and multiple menstrual problems due to my obesity. This is one of the reason I got so determined to be on diet. Apart from that, I was also warned of other things I was scared of that are regarding to hormone and reproductive field.

Endocrinology & Reproductive meds
(dealing with hormones & reproduction problems - berkaitan dgn sistem hormon & sistem peranak/ perbidanan)
-        Diabetes mellitus or just Diabetes is a disease which a person has high sugar level in his/er blood. Resulted from lack of insulin (hormone that control glucose level in the blood) in the body, or the body/ cells face problem/ unable to use insulin it produces.
(Penyakit kencing manis disebabkan kekurangan insulin, sejenis hormone yg mengawal kandungan gula dlm darah, dalam badan seseorg atau badan seseorg itu tidak mampu bertindak balas dengan insulin yg dihasilkan oleh tubuh itu sendiri.)
-        Polycystic ovarian syndrome, PCOS, is one of the most common female endocrine disorders. Produces symptom like acne, hirsutism, resistance to insulin, overweight and high cholesterol levels
(Gangguan hormone yg paling umum dan biasanya dialami oleh kaum wanita berblg bangsa sewaktu umur akhil baligh. Salah satu sbb utama ketaksuburan. Menghasilkan symptom seperti jerawat, ketumbuhan bulu/rambut di bahagian tubuh perempuan yg biasanya tidk ditumbuhi, kerintangan insulin, kegemukan dan tinggi kandungan lemak dlm darah.)
-        Menstrual disorders, problems while in menstrual period like infrequent periods, short/extremely light periods, too frequent periods, extremely heavy or long periods, extremely painful periods, breakthrough bleeding/spotting(but quite normal for many women), absent periods.
(Masalah haid seperti menstruasi yg jarang atau tidak teratur, tempoh menstruasi yg pendek atau kurang darah apabila mesntruasi, tempoh mestruasi yg panjang dan byk darah apa bila menstruasi, senggugut, darah haid menggumpal tetapi symptom yg biasa dialami oleh ramai wanita, tiada menstruasi.)
-        Infertility
(kemandulan)
-        Complications during pregnancy
(Masalah sewaktu mengandung)
-        Birth defects. Example: Cleft palate
(Kecacatan kandungan. Cth: Sumbing mulut)
-        Intrauterine fetal death or simply stillbirth
(kematian kandugan dalam perut)

I may dislikes the idea of having children (don't get me wrong, I love kids. Just dislikes the idea it came out of my ........ You fill in the blank.) Still, I may be ready for it one day (having children I mean), I don't want to be the cause of my future husband unable to have normal healthy babies just because of my selfish gluttony. And I don't want my kids, or any kids in this world to live with any kind of birth defect. When my favorite aunt gave birth to a stillbirth baby, it was the hardest thing I have ever felt in my chest which also the same feeling being shared the whole huge family.

I also have this ridiculous insecurity that my future husband may left me for another woman or women for my incompetent to give him a normal healthy baby. Thus, I found a great strength for discipline of course.

Do you know?
Despite being about 2% of your body, your Brain burns 20% of your calories! 
It actually need that much calories to deliver information in and out of the brains.
No wonder zombies love eating human brains!!!
Heh! What a better excuse to use your brain more rather than living as a dumb bimbo~
- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment